The opinions expressed on the MHP Connector are not necessarily those of the OAMHP and are presented to encourage discussion.
We welcome your comments and feedback on the MHP Connector. If you would like to respond to this article, please see our submission guidelines.
OAMHP’s First Annual Conference is Moving Online!
Our Annual Conference has always been an important event for our members. But we know it isn’t just the excellent professional development that makes our conference popular. Each year, the conference brings us all together and allows us to connect with our colleagues.
Throughout the past few months, we have been working hard to come up with a plan that ensures you get the best professional development we can offer and the chance to make connections with other mental health professionals all from the comfort of your own home.
This year’s conference will run online from September 24 to October 10, 2020 with events over weekends and evening for easier access.
Our workshops will include on-demand learning materials and interactive live events that will enhance learning and connection with both the speakers and other attendees.
There are over 50 CECs worth of workshops to attend, including:
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Internal Family Systems: The Vulnerable (parts of the) Mental Health Professional
- Working with Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CLD) Students in the Education System: Assessment to Intervention
- Towards Intersectional Practice
- Introduction to LGBTQ+ Care
- Using a Trauma Lens to Support Vulnerable People to Live Beyond the Trauma
- Developing a Stance of Informed Curiosity: Integrating Evidence-Based Practice with a Culturally-Informed Approach to Mental Health
- How Technology, Social Media, and Online Porn is Impacting the Vulnerable Children and Youth of Today: 5 Things Every Mental Health Professional Needs to Know
We will be sharing the link to Register for the conference very shortly, but wanted to update you on the exciting news regarding our plans.
Please note the dates and know we are working hard to keep the price points affordable.